Address: 1266 Bluff Road – Omega House
Bluff – Durban – 4052
Business Hours: Mon – Fri – 08h00 – 16h30
Omega Containers Timeline
- 1997 September Omega Container CC founded by Mark Cringle
- 1998 January Omega started trading, exclusively in cabotage
- 1999 The company diversifies into cross-hauls, to complement the cabotage already being done for container operators
- 2002 Omega begins doing the occasional container sale and rental
- 2003 September Omega purchased 450 sqm, 3-storey office block overlooking the port of Durban at the same time the company converts from a Close Corporation to a (Pty) Ltd
- 2003 October Beta Asset Management (Pty) Ltd established to run the office building
- 2004 June The first tenant moves into “Omega House” (there are currently 7 tenants including Omega
- 2005 The decision is taken to actively expand into container sales and rentals
- 2006 The rental fleet is growing and office containers are added to the fleet of 6m GP, 12m GP and 12m HC
- 2007 The first new containers are purchased by Omega specifically for rental
- 2008 January Omega takes delivery of a MAN 8-ton 6-cylinder delivery vehicle with a 2, 5 ton crane to facilitate the delivery & collection of rental & sale containers
- 2009 The recession arrives unannounced. Cost-cutting and debt reduction are the order of the day. What emerges, is a lean and efficient trading machine ready for anything.
- 2010 The shipping lines recover. There is a shortage of containers, but we have anticipated this, and put in place certain supply arrangements. This ensures Omega’s success in its endeavors to wholesale containers.
- 2011 This turned out to be our best year ever. The year was characterized by a marked increase in wholesale container sales.
- 2012 Saw the implementation of a more sophisticated stock control system. This was essential in order to keep pace with a rapidly expanding container rental fleet.
- 2013 In order to keep pace with increasing demands for rental equipment, the fleet is increased by 33 1/3 %.
- 2014 Omega Container continues to grow in the container business. Specializing in sales, rentals, cabotage and cross-hauls. 2015 Omega Container establishes a Marketing department to promote and advertise the company.