Address: 1266 Bluff Road – Omega House
Bluff – Durban – 4052
Business Hours: Mon – Fri – 08h00 – 16h30
- 1997 – September Omega Container CC founded by Mark Cringle
- 1998 – January Omega started trading, exclusively in cabotage
- 1999 – The company diversifies into cross-hauls, to complement the cabotage already being done for container operators
- 2002 – Omega begins doing the occasional container sale and rental
- 2003 – September Omega purchased 450 sqm, 3-storey office block overlooking the port of Durban. At the same time the company converts from a Close Corporation to a (Pty) Ltd. Beta Asset Management (Pty) Ltd established to run the office building
- 2004 – The first tenant moves into “Omega House” (there are currently 5 tenants including Omega
- 2005 – The decision is taken to actively expand into container sales and rentals
- 2006 – The rental fleet is growing and office containers are added to the fleet of 6m GP, 12m GP and 12m HC
- 2007 – The first NEW containers are purchased by Omega specifically for rental purposes
- 2008 – Omega takes delivery of a MAN 8-ton 6-cylinder delivery vehicle with a 2,5 ton crane to facilitate the delivery & collection of rental & sale containers for our clients within KZN
- 2009 – The recession arrives unannounced. Cost-cutting and debt reduction are the order of the day. What emerges, is a lean and efficient trading machine ready for anything.
- 2010 – The shipping lines recover. There is a shortage of containers, but we have anticipated this, and put in place certain supply arrangements. This ensures Omega’s success in its endeavors to wholesale containers.
- 2011 – This turned out to be our best year ever. The year was characterized by a marked increase in wholesale container sales.
- 2012 – Saw the implementation of a more sophisticated stock control system. This was essential in order to keep pace with a rapidly expanding container rental fleet.
- 2013 – In order to keep pace with increasing demands for rental equipment, the fleet is increased by 33 1/3 %. Melissa Papiah also joined our team.
- 2014 – After service of 14 years, Sagrie Chetty left the company. Our new 6m trailer was purchased for our crane truck, in order to provide more efficient deliveries.
- 2015 – Stacey Johnson joins our team. Sales increase dramatically this year.
- 2016 – Robert Mkhize joins our team as our new Crane Truck Driver. Chaz Herselman also joins our team as Operations Coordinator & Our Marketing Team is created. We also have a foresight of increase in sale prices, so an abundance of stock is purchased.
- 2017 – Stacey Johnson joins our Sales Team & We are pleased to be able to satisfy our customers by keeping sale prices consistent. Expansion in operations and sales begin in Cape
- 2018 – After 4 years of service Melissa Papiah left our company.
Mark Jonathan Cringle
- Telephone : 031-466-8500
- Email : email@example.com
Receptionist / Office Admin
- Telephone : 031-466-8500
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone : 082-378-7048
- Email : email@example.com
Sales & Accounts Co-Ordinator
- Telephone : 079 500 3032
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Assistant & Driver
- Telephone : 072-601-5815