Find out More About Omega
A Digital Company
Omega Container make use of state of the art systems and technology in their business.
We pride ourselves in the fact that we are always thinking 2 steps ahead to ensure they we stay at the top of our game.
We will help you solve any storage and container related problems that might come your way.
A customer is the most important visitor to our premises or to our website. We strive to offer un-rivaled customer support.
Omega Container (Pty) Ltd was established in 1997 by Mark Cringle. Our core business is sales, rentals and cabotage of new and used shipping containers. We operate in DURBAN, CAPE TOWN, JOHANNESBURG and PORT ELIZABETH and we can assist with local deliveries in and around KZN via crane truck.
Containers Sold To Date
- Brand Strategy 90%
- Internet Marketing 80%
- App Development 60%
- Customer Happiness 95%
We are fully acquainted with the shipping lines requirements for export, hence we also provide the additional services of neutralization and CSC certifying units.
Omega offers specialized equipment i.e. Open Tops, Flat racks, Reefers and we can assist with Conversions
We have an efficient sales and marketing team that can provide you with excellent cost effective quotes to suit your company’s needs.
To be the preferred supplier of space and storage requirements for all industries countrywide.
WE AIM TO
- Provide clients with quality products and services.
- Provide stakeholders with superior returns.
- Provide employees with the opportunity to develop to their full potential.
- Align company strategy with the changing needs of the market place.
Omega Container (Pty) Ltd is a company is staffed and run by a small team of dedicated and experienced individuals, who work closely together, according to long-established ethical business practises.
OUR CORE VALUES
- Integrity and Reliability
- Commitment to Service Excellence
- Social Responsibility Initiatives
- Client Sovereignty
About Us – Major Timeline Events
- 1997 – September Omega Container CC founded by Mark Cringle
- 1998 – January Omega started trading, exclusively in cabotage.
- 1999 – The company diversifies into cross-hauls, to complement the cabotage already being done for container operators.
- 2002 – Omega begins doing the occasional container sale and rental.
- 2003 – September Omega purchased 450 sqm, 3-storey office block overlooking the port of Durban. At the same time the company converts from a Close Corporation to a (Pty) Ltd. Beta Asset Management (Pty) Ltd established to run the office building.
- 2004 – The first tenant moves into “Omega House” H/O.
- 2005 – The decision is taken to actively expand into container sales and rentals.
- 2006 – The rental fleet is growing and office containers are added to the fleet of 6m GP, 12m GP and 12m HC.
- 2007 – The first NEW containers are purchased by Omega specifically for rental purposes.
- 2008 – Omega takes delivery of a MAN 8-ton 6-cylinder delivery vehicle with a 2,5 ton crane to facilitate the delivery & collection of rental & sale containers for our clients within KZN.
- 2009 – The recession arrives unannounced. Cost-cutting and debt reduction are the order of the day. What emerges, is a lean and efficient trading machine ready for anything.
- 2010 – The shipping lines recover. There is a shortage of containers, but we have anticipated this, and put in place certain supply arrangements. This ensures Omega’s success in its endeavors to wholesale containers.
- 2011 – This turned out to be our best year ever. The year was characterized by a marked increase in wholesale container sales.
- 2012 – Saw the implementation of a more sophisticated stock control system. This was essential in order to keep pace with a rapidly expanding container rental fleet.
- 2013 – In order to keep pace with increasing demands for rental equipment, the fleet is increased by 33 1/3 %.
- 2014 – After service of 14 years, Sagrie Chetty left the company. Our new 6m trailer was purchased for our crane truck, in order to provide more efficient deliveries.
- 2015 – Stacey Johnson joins our team as Administrator. Sales increase dramatically this year.
- 2016 – Chaz Herselman joins our team as Operations Coordinator & Our Marketing Team is created. We also have a foresight of increase in sale prices, therefore an abundance of stock is purchased.
- 2017 – Stacey Johnson joins our Sales Team & We are pleased to be able to satisfy our customers by keeping sale prices consistent. Expansion in operations and sales begin in Cape. Caris Johnson joins our team as Adminstrator.
- 2018 – Demand for Specialized Equipment increases & we are able to source 20’ & 40’ bolsters & flatracks in all regions & provide the transport for our clients. Despite the harsh economy, we are still able to provide increased rates & large quantities for cabotage & rentals on all routes.
- 2019 – Due to the major shortage of original OPEN TOP equipment, we introduce a new converted “EASY LOADER” container as an answer to this. Ryan Pokhan joins our team as Operations Assistant.